I've got the ipchains setup correctly (had to dig through the mail archives).
 However, I'm running into a connecting issue now:

On my gateway machine, when I try to dial into my ISP, the system times out
then the modem hangs up.  I'm using ppp dialer to do my connections.  I've
got all of the information setup properly in there for connecting to the isp;
username, password, dialing info, etc.

What I think might be happening is that because the gateway is on a LAN, it's
trying to loop back to my network for authentication.  I think I ran into
this before and the way I could get it to connect was by disabline eth0 and
then it would dial and connect.  Beyond that I haven't gone into any
diagnosing.  Obviously that won't work being that it's my gateway, so
what/where should I do and look?

resolv.conf is point to my ISP's DNS server.  /etc/hosts has my local lan
machines in there (haven't set up DNS locally yet), and I've added the
ipchains rules to /etc/rc.d/rclocal file.

--
Shawn

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply.  Willing is not enough, we must do."
-- Bruce Lee