On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 05:21:18PM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> And don't get me started on pointer in Pascal or I/O in Pascal...

<devil's advocate>
What's wrong with pointers in Pascal?  Pascal was my first exposure to
pointers and I think it made the transition into C easy.  Sure, it took
be a while to get the hang of pointers and trees and linked lists, but I
was only 16 at the time.

I didn't think there was anything wrong with I/O in TP.  It has been
quite a number of years since I did anything with I/O in TP.  What was
your problem exactly?
</devil's advocate>

The one thing I miss the most about Pascal and the Pascal community is
monthly issues of SWAG.  That's the SourceWare Archival Group's Pascal
snippet libraries.  I would always grab it and compile all the new
graphics hacks to see what was new a cool.  Ah the old days of Pascal
and BBSes.

Nate