On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 05:21:18PM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:23:49PM -0500, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 07, 2001 at 04:14:34PM -0500, Florin Iucha wrote:
> > > Pascal is a crappy language to start learning programmin. It is a "bondage and
> > > discipline" language taken to the extreme. Poor Blaise is still spinning :(
> > >
> > > I have learned Pascal in college, two years after I learned C and boy was it
> > > painfull...
> >
> > I bet you learned 'pure' pascal, didn't you?  Borland pascals are
> > heavily extended and, IMO, have moved beyond the B&D tendencies of
> > the language's pure form to become Real Languages.  (Yes, they even
> > have pointers...)
>
> You lost :) It was Turbo Pascal 5.5...

Turbo Pascal was the first language I taught myself (from reading and
testing) when I got my first x86 machine 12 years ago..

Pretty funny, can't remember a /thing/ about it anymore.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>