Crystal has a Java web viewer, true, but it doesn't have as much
functionality as the ActiveX viewer - Crystal has made it VERY obvious
that while they technically can work with other technologies, their
preferred methods are IIS and asp - things not altogether all taht fun to
deal with when working with Domino...Keep in mind that all of this has to
be packagable and sent on to full license clients -so a Java/XML solution
is and ok way to go for just the ASP customers (Application Service
Provider not active server page) but not as good a solution for our full
license clients.

And no, we're not using Enterprise *yet* and I'm a large reason why simply
because I won't allow the upgrade without full testing and we just don't
have the personnel to do the testing and development....(tech staff still
numbers 4) I do most of the Crystal/Notes administrative work - in
addition to product development...needless to say, there are so many hours
in the day to get everything done *chuckle*.

BUT - that being the case, I'm still pushing moving us to a more platform
independent view. We *claim* platform independence simply because of the
Notes/Domino backend - but in reality until we get rid of Crystal, we're
pretty much stuck in M$-land at least partially.

Liz

 --
Imagination is intelligence having fun...
e-mail:  kethry at winternet.com