<soapbox>
I remember when Ransom got up at Linux Expo last year and pitched what is now
called Volution. Most of the geeks in the crowd where impressed. -BUT- when he
dodged the question on license and price. I got the feeling he was just another
parasite to the open source community.

As volution matured, and pricing came out, the per-seat license made it cost
prohibitive. Real Time looked for another solution.

Getting a gold cd from them for a trial, I noticed all these lovely open source
components as part of volution (openldap, openssl, etc). Of course, the
sales-rep said we where paying for the non-GPL aspects and media.

Love said you can't be a viable business doing all open source. Well, looks like
you don't do much better when you are -not- an open source company.

Should have kept it open source and at least you'd have the community support
for you when times are hard. But all Love did was alienate the community (like
me) and push people towards RedHat and Debian.
</soapbox>

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>       | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org                 | Fax   : (952)943-8500