I've written a simple python program that backups approx 60GB from several
different servers by basically doing the following:

    1. Keeps a full AND incremental every night.
            a. The "current" version of that file and,
            b. the last X versions of that file are kept every night.
               original format: "file.dat"
               extra versions: "file.dat.20010905123456.gz"
                      date stamp is last modified date format yyyymmddhhmmss

            c. currently only the "archive" files are compressed.
            d. only needs to copy files that have been "touched"
            e. old versions past the X version (user defined) are deleted from
                the backup.
            f. backups are currently to removable drive(s).

    2. Keeps the same directory structure as the original
            a. anyone that can use a file browser can retrieve their own files.