On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 09:29:37PM -0500, Adam Wolkoff wrote:
> I'm a linux newbie.  I want to learn more.  I spent some time at the
> bookstore looking at linux books.  They were all of the "how to use KDE"
> variety.  I might be dumb but I'm not stupid!  I don't need some book
> telling me how a GUI works.
>
> I'm looking for info on a class, book, person etc that can teach me how
> linux really works--the much ballyhooed command line.

I would say the best way to learn is simply to use it. If you encounter
problems, then either ask here or on the irc channel.

What I considered the big hurdle for me was getting to learn an editor
after that it just came along the way.

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>
  mod_pointer <http://stderr.net/mod_pointer>