On Saturday 01 September 2001 20:22, you wrote:
> Anyone tried Win4Lin?  Any general opinions on it? How much does it slow
> down the average windoze prgram?  any shouts for its competitors?
>
> bc-s

I've used win4lin on and off since last fall. I am planning on installing it
on a laptop in order to test some apps I'm working on that will need Windows
Client support for a Linux/PostgreSQL back end. Unfortunately the new vnet
stuff didn't want to work with my current system so I'm planning on trying a
fresh install on the laptop.

Almost everything I've run on it has worked. The exceptions were some games
and TaxCut Deluxe barfed on setup but I think that was due to not disabling
the "multimedia" portion of the program.

--
Jack Ungerleider
jack at jacku.com