> Can anyone out there tell a new Linux user about how much space I will
> need on a Sony Vaio laptop to install RH 7.1?  I am going to be dual
> booting with 98.

Which model vaio is it, and how big is the hard drive?

You could easily get away with only 1G for linux, but I recommend more
like 1.5 so you don't run into any limits. Chances are that if you take to
linux at all, you'll do less in win98 and more in linux.

Maybe the right way to proceed is determine how much you *need* for
windows, and give the rest to linux.

I have a PCG-Z505HS, 12G drive, and about 3G remains on the Win partition
-- and that only because I've not bothered wiping it out entirely. I
currently store a bunch of linux sources on that partition.

So, not a real specific recommendation, but perhaps it helps a bit. Else
ask more questions.

Andy