Hello,

Quoting Lorry <fish at slava.net>:

> 1) Is this too much for me to handle alone?

Well, that's pretty much up to you. If you're really a newbie then I guess it
would definately not hurt to have someone along to help, lend moral support,
etc.

Here's a couple of pointers:

I'd do the Windows install first - at least the initial install until it
reboots itself. This is because Windows will erase your MBR and you'd have to
reinstall LILO. Not that difficult but why not avoid it if you can?

Debian isn't really that hard to install. I hardly remember Slackware, but I
really don't think the whole Disk Partitioning could be any easier than Red
Hat/Mandrake. Then again I personally like using fdisk to do the partitioning.

If you go it alone, make sure you read all the instructions. I know this seems
silly and obvious, but it's actually important. Also, read some pre-install
documents you may find on the debian website etc. Print out things you think
you might need for reference.

If you really start having problems, make a note of where it was, and go
through the full install of debian anyway. Make notes of all the things that
bothered you or you didn't understand or want clarified. Then you can ask all
your questions in one batch and reinstall.

Good luck, and don't give up!

-Yaron