On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 09:54:38AM -0600, Lorry wrote:

> There is just too much wrong with my computer at this point, and I've
> decided to burn the few files I really need onto a CD, clear everything
> and start over.  Right now I am dual-booting WinME and Slackware 7.1,
> and I'm redoing with Win95 and debian whatever-version.  I know it
> matters which I install first but I'm new to this sort of thing.  So
> here are my questions.
>
> 1) Is this too much for me to handle alone?  I *really* want to do this
> ASAP.  Without going into too many details, suffice to say I am not
> happy at all with the way it is now, and every passing day makes me
> unhappier.  So if I can do this today I will do it today.

It shouldn't be to much, Debian has a nice configuration script for Exim
that I know will get your mail working right away as you want it (Crossing
fingers).

> 2a) If above answer is no, can anyone give me a few pointers?  I didn't
> install slack myself so I really don't know anything about the process.
>  How easy is it to install debian, make the partitions and do whatever
> else it is I need to do?

Install Win* first, then install debian and make sure lilo knows about
the windows partition. That should be it.

> 2b) If above answer is yes, who wants to help me out?  :)  via phone, in
> person, or whatever....

Where are you located?

--
  Thomas Eibner <http://thomas.eibner.dk/> DnsZone <http://dnszone.org/>