It's actually more bloated than 2K, but it's optimized to boot up faster and load programs quicker.  Frequently used programs will be optimized to run quicker as well.  I have 256MB of PC160 memory, so I can't comment what it's like with 128; but I've found that it runs everything (Office apps, Visual Studio, Q3A engined games, Unreal Tournament engined games, NOLF, etc.) quicker than W98SE did.  Running benchmarks on HD Tach reveals that W98 has better raw hard disk performance (I haven't installed optimized VIA 4-in-1 drivers on XP yet), but I really can't tell much of a visual difference.  Basically, I like XP better than 98.  Can't comment on W2K as I never ran it that much at home.