On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 08:58:15AM -0500, Brandon Hutchinson wrote:
> Did anyone else notice that Konqueror/Opera/non-IE browsers cannot view
> http://www.msn.com today?

Yeah, I can't see it with mozilla or netscape on Solaris.

<snip>

> IMO this is alarming. I don't think the page will even view in Netscape. This
> is the first instance I know of where you can't even attempt to view a Web
> page in a non-IE browser!

Well, this stuff is fairly common, though not with sites of the
magnitude of MSN.  Search on bugzilla for browser evangelism.
I think Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot on this one.
It seems like a good way to get bad PR right when XP rolls out.
Not that I'd use MSN anyway.  Now if it were MSNBC, I'd be more
annoyed.

Anyone have a user-agent string that works, so I can take a look?