> On Tue, Oct 23, 2001 at 05:48:27PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
>
>> It's about that time again.
>>
>> Any improvement in the Java IDE category for linux since April?
>

> Your firehose is geting ticly Bob? We just had 10 paralell flamewars going
> on las week. We are tired! We won't bite! Not this time...
>
> Still reading?
>
> Both vim and emacs just released major versions lately...
>
> Now really... I have tried a bunch and everytime came back to vim...
>
> But maybe is just me.
> florin, crouching and hiding

No, life still suks.  Like you, I have tried many.  I am a VisualAge for Java fan

but I can't development against a 1.1.7 JDK which is where IBM left VAJ 3.02 for Linux.

I can't stand project-based products like NetBeans or Forte.  They get in my way more than they help.  I rather

use Ant so I know exactly how my project is set up.

Right now, I use an editor called JEdit.  The only drawback is it is
written in Java, so you need a fast machine to use it.  It has plug-ins
to augment functionality including one for JSwat.  If I was ambitious, I
would write a plug-in for JEdit to tie into CVS.

--
Perry Hoekstra
E-Commerce Architect
perry.hoekstra at talentemail.com