> I was advised not to use anything above 2.4.9 or so.  Apparently there
> was a lot of test kernel code incorporated into the 2.4.10 and up.
> That's what I heard anyway.
> May want to wait a few versions for everything to iron itself out...

In general that seems obviuos to me.  What's bugging me is statements like this from Slashdot:

"This is a big one, you can expect the kiddies have already added this to their rootkits. Update your systems now!"

How come we can't seem to have it both ways, stable and secure.

-swf

--
"Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines."   - Satchel Paige