On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 12:03:37PM -0500, Ben Stallings wrote:
> Hello again.  I'm trying to figure out whether it makes sense for me to
> install Linux (probably Mandrake, with all the bells & whistles) on a 100 MHz
> Pentium that can only handle 128 MB of RAM, or if I'm just fooling myself.

not with all the bells & whistles, no.

RH6.0 + Gnome + Enlightenment beat up my P166/48MB. a lighter-weight window
manager would help, as would more memory; but I'd still recommend against it
on a P100.

FVWM, no Gnome, this would be fine on a P100.
I'm guessing OpenOffice might still be a bit doggish tho; even with 128MB.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises