Hello,

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001, Bob Tanner wrote:

> Third, the drive replacement is going out of Real Time's bottom line.

I for one totally appreciate Real Time, and in perticular Bob's personal
efforts on behalf of the LUG. But wouldn't it be nice if we all got
involved?

We can't ALL maintain the mailing list, or web server, etc. But how about
chipping in and buying a new drive to replace the old one? We do have a
LUG Treasuror (sp?). We can in theory make donations to the LUG that'll go
toward new hardware the LUG can use, etc.

I'm leaving this as a very, very vague and general proposal on purpose.
I'm sure we all want the LUG to be non-profit and never require any
membership fees or stuff like that, but I think it'd be nice to support
the LUG. Does anyone think there's a practical way to do this? Can anyone
think of other ways individual LUG members can help support the LUG beyond
what we already have setup?

-Yaron