On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 01:29:16PM -0500, Lorry wrote:
> I am using Mozilla 0.9.4 on Slackware 7.1.
> (I do use lynx sometimes if I just want some info quickly and not have
> to  bother with fancy things, but I digress...)
>
> As for what I did when I installed it, I downloaded it, did the normal
> make make install deal (only it took an hour or so) and that was it.
> I have no idea why I can't go to secure sites.  If I did something
> wrong... oops.

OK, so you downloaded the source and compiled it yourself?  Well,
that it explains.  I think in order to get crypto stuff built, you
have to send options to configure.   Or you can put options in
~/.mozconfig file - here's some relevant ones from mine:

ac_add_options --enable-crypto          # should fix https problem
ac_add_options --enable-optimize=-O     # should make mozilla faster
ac_add_options  --enable-strip-libraries  # smaller libs

Of course instead of building it from source, you could also just
download the binaries. The latest milestone and nightly builds
are quite nice.