I read all the messages but I haven't kept track of who asked what so
here are all the answers to the questions I remember having been asked.

I am using Mozilla 0.9.4 on Slackware 7.1.
(I do use lynx sometimes if I just want some info quickly and not have
to  bother with fancy things, but I digress...)

As for what I did when I installed it, I downloaded it, did the normal
make make install deal (only it took an hour or so) and that was it.
I have no idea why I can't go to secure sites.  If I did something
wrong... oops.

I tried Opera before and I didn't like it because there was a big banner
ad and you couldn't get rid of any of the toolbars and things.  The
viewing space was really small and the location bar was something like
an inch long.  If I missed something regarding this problem... oops.

I know nothing whatsoever about Galeon and Konquerer so thank you to the
people that mentioned those.  I'll look into it.

Whoever it was that suggested SuSE or Mandrake, thank you.  I'll look
into that.  I need to upgrade my WinME to Win95 anyway, so I was
wondering if I should go to Slack8 or change distros completely.  I am
(obviously) new to all this, so something a little easier would be nice
at least for now.

And on that note, since I am hoping to give Al (my computer) an OS
overhaul, I am not going to worry too much about this Mozilla problem
for a while.  It will all be deleted and I can start over, and one or
more of you lovely people can assist me on installing things correctly
and with all of whatever features I need.

If there isn't an installfest coming up soon, maybe I'll bribe someone
to help me anyway.  :)

Lorry