> >There isn't a better browser than mozilla. Sorry.
> >
> I do not believe you.  Considering I can't go to any secure sites, and
> considering it is slower than molasses going uphill, I do not believe
> someone hasn't done a better job.  If I have to I will go back to
> netscape.  At least then I can go to secure sites again.

I myself use 2 or 3 different web browsers regularly and simultaneously;
because each one sucks less at certain things. :)

Netscape -- java stuff, shockwave/flash. (yes, I know you can get Mozilla to
do most of that stuff; but I haven't spent the time to figure out how.)

Galeon -- it's Mozilla, wrapped in GTK rather than mozilla's bloated
interface. also has a *lot* of really nice UI features. (smarter crash
recovery; better bookmark management tool; more customization of the UI;
etc). it doesn't take any less memory than Mozilla, but it runs faster
because of the GTK interface. (also less ugly, IMHO). this is what I use for
my daily browsing. galeon.sourceforge.net

lynx -- when I don't want to be bothered with a GUI. :) sometimes offers
more helpful error messages, too.

also take a look at dillo.sourceforge.net.  it's a very lightweight browser;
with its own rendering engine (not based on mozilla). it's far from perfect,
but at times it has its uses. (PDAs and the like). I think there were even
some local LUGers working on it, once upon a time... (?)

another upside of using multiple browsers, is that when one of them crashes,
it doesn't take down all my browser sessions.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises