Sounds like an interesting concept..  my only worry is what sort of memory
requirements it would have to really be useful..  The "transparent" Xterms
work so-so on my system, but it seems to hog a little video memory to do it..
 would this work the same way?

Jay

On Monday 15 October 2001 11:58 am, you wrote:
> I'm waiting for my approval emaill from the kde3alpha mailing list, but in
> the meantime, I'll post here what I intend to post to that list in hopes
> that someone here is a KDE developer and can suggest or implement this in
> the community.
>
> The new version of QT adds hardware accelerated alpha channel support.
> Since KDE3 will use the latest version of QT, would it be possible to place
> a slider on the title bar of every application which would allow one to
> change the app from 0-100% opacity?  That way, I can sit and browse sites
> with a semi-transparent konqueror, and still watch what is going on in
> windows behind it.  A mod like this would be sweet eye-candy, but also
> quite useful from a productivity standpoint (since I routinely have about
> 20 windows open, or more).
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Jay

Jay Kline
list at slushpupie.com
http://www.slushpupie.com
--
I reverently believe that the maker who made us all  makes everything in New
England, but the weather.  I don't know who makes that, but I think it must be