If I understand you right, the box will not boot from Floppy, CD, or
HD.  This is after you have set the BIOS to change the boot order?  If not
- change the boot order in the BIOS.  If so - clear the BIOS with the
motherboard jumper & try again.  What was on this hard drive before?  Did
you clear the MBR?  PS, I always use Partition Magic.  No problems.  Carl