On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:31:32PM -0500, root wrote:
> I'm sort of a newbie at linux.  I just installed Red Hat 7.1 and it
> works real weel except for my external zip drive plugged into a USB
> port.
>
> After I installed it there is a zip drive icon on my desktop but I can't
> open it.
>
> The line for it in my fstab file reads.
>
> /dev/sda4     /mnt/zip100.0    vfat   noauto,owner,kudzu 0  0
>

> In the properties for device it says
>
> Device: /dev/sda4
>
> Mount Point: /mnt/zip100.0
>
> File type: vfat
>
> I would sure appreciate any help I can get for this problem.

First of all, check the /var/log/messages to see if the device is recognized
at all (look for "usb", "storage", "iomega").

Then do a lsmod and look for similar words.

If you cannot figure it out, gzip the output of dmesg and send it to the
list along with output from lsmod.

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4