On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 09:53AM -0500, Jim Crumley wrote:
> But I really think you should take the plunge and learn LaTeX.  The
> output you get from LaTeX will look much nicer than you get from
> enscript/a2ps/pr

As a math person, I have to say that LaTeX completely, totally, and utterly
rocks the house. If you have to type *anything* that involves mathematical
symbols, there's just nothing else to use. (except for last-minute
homework, in which case blank paper and a pen works well. Which is what I'm
doing today, heh heh)

And regular papers, writeups, etc. look really nice in LaTeX. The average
Joe on the street would never be able to figure it out, but if you're a
Linux geek-type, LaTeX will seem wonderful. Footnotes, indices, etc are so
easy and nice with LaTeX. If it's going on dead trees, it's gotta be LaTeX.

> Plus, I hear that Emacs has a nice LaTeX mode (I'm a vim guy myself).

Emacs does. It's the only thing in the entire world that Emacs does better
than vim. :)

Dan