Hi everyone,

I'm about to start writing a letter to my representatives in Congress about
the proposed SSSCA. Like many of you, I'm concerned about the potential loss
of privacy and general invasiveness of this particular law. Its affect on
free software projects is also not to be underestimated.

It occurs to me that one of the best ways to argue against the DMCA (too
late, I know) and SSSCA is to point out past innovations that would have
been illegal under these laws. I'm wondering if others on the list would
have some items to suggest.

This first item I thought of is below. Can anyone add to this (or correct me
if I'm wrong)? I'm no expert on this or any legal question so I may be
misinterpreting the whole thing.

1. The PC revolution (Compaq's reverse engineering of the IBM BIOS would
have been illegal)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com