On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:16:32PM -0500, Amy Tanner wrote:
> When I use lpr to print a text file, the text doesn't print correctly.  Each
> line is separate, but with an increasing margin.

That's the whole "what ends a line?" dilemma.  Unix ends lines with just
a line feed.  DOS used a carriage return and a line feed.  Usually your print
filters will take care of this for you.  You should check your printer
filters to make sure they handle text files correctly.

I personally send all my text output through mpage because it allows you
to print multiple pages to one and add headers, footers, line numbers,
etc to the output.

Nate