On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 11:12:49PM -0500, Brady Hegberg wrote:
> I found this program called Musicmatch jukebox for Linux
> (www.musicmatch.com).  I was intrigued (mostly by it's ability to record
> to MP3 from line-in) so I decided to give it a try.  However when I
> installed it and tried to run it I got the following error (over and
> over till I killed it actually)

Encoding mp3s from line-in shouldn't be that hard with other
audio utilities if your machine isn't too ancient. Something like
bplay | lame   (I haven't looked up the options ) should work.

> /usr/local/bin/mmjb: readlink: command not found
>
> I found the readlink program in the "tetex" package but I don't
> particularly want to install this 10MB package I don't need for a 2k
> program.  Any ideas?

You shouldn't need to install TeTeX (in fact the readlink in
TeTeX is probably something different) to get readlink. In Debian
readlink is a standard program in the debianutils and I'm
guessing that it is probably in Redhat (et al.) as well. If not,
then you can get the source and install it.

You probably already have it installed. Try 'find / -name
readlink' and see if its already installed.  If it is installed,
make sure its in your path.  If it is in your path try copying
(or better yet linking) it to /usr/local/bin and see if that
helps.