Ben Lutgens wrote:
> WARNING! This is NOT A FLAME! :-)
>
> You take such a dark view of capitalist practices. Perhaps thier
> intentions are not malicious. Perhaps they just want to make some money.
> This is not a crime, nor is it immoral IMHO. After it is capitalism and
> the inherent strenghts and weaknesses that's made our countries economy
> strong enough to give us things like nationwide broadband Net access and
> buttloads of computer parts at reasonable prices.
>
> If you think any of this would be possible without the "Big Guns" the
> likes of say AT&T, U.S.West, and other so called "evil empires" *cough*
> microsoft *cough* you're mistaken.

Here's my random non-Linux related monthly contribution to list for
November.  Read _Atlas Shrugged_ by Ayn Rand (this comment not directed
at Ben, just inspired by the comment).  I'm about halfway through it, if
nothing else it's made me think a lot more about economics and
capitalism than I ever have before.

Given that it was written in the 40s IIRC, it doesn't discuss things
like inteleectual property.  Therfore, it's left to the student as an
exercise to apply theories therein to OSS or the Microsoft trial.

--

Jesse Erdmann
Engineer