On Thu, 2001-11-29 at 23:03, Scott Dier wrote:

> AT&T is buying the network so they have more network to exact control
> over. :)

WARNING! This is NOT A FLAME! :-)

You take such a dark view of capitalist practices. Perhaps thier
intentions are not malicious. Perhaps they just want to make some money.
This is not a crime, nor is it immoral IMHO. After it is capitalism and
the inherent strenghts and weaknesses that's made our countries economy
strong enough to give us things like nationwide broadband Net access and
buttloads of computer parts at reasonable prices.

If you think any of this would be possible without the "Big Guns" the
likes of say AT&T, U.S.West, and other so called "evil empires" *cough*
microsoft *cough* you're mistaken.

--
Ben Lutgens
Sistina Software Inc.