* Marc A. Ohmann (marc at ds6.net) wrote:

> I'll never understand why people would search for cnn don't they know its cnn.com?  My brother-in-law searches google for hotmail whenever he wants to check his mail -- he says its faster than typing hotmail.com.  Some people I just don't get.
  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  My sentiments exactly. cnn.com is the home of cnn, when it is up. On
  Sept. 11, it was not. Besides google does a MUCH better job of combing
  the web than any internal site search engine I have run across. Google
  is contracted to do the search on alot of major web-sites. I believe
  they just took over(hmmm. somebody big that couldn't handle it [flame
  me on this brain lart]) a large portal's search facility because the
  knew google is superior. How can you go wrong with 10k+ linux boxen.
  	As far as searching google for your hotmail account, that is
	just silly.IMO
If you think I am just an antagonist ba@#$tard then please express your
views over on OPN #tclug. Thank you for your time.

			Spencer Butler
		    Twin Cities Open Systems
6126368989 at voicestream.net		| spencer at autonomous.tv
http://tcos.stderr.net			| http://autonomous.tv
Key fingerprint = 173B 8760 E59F DBF8 6FD2  68F8 ABA2 AB08 49C7 4754