On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 07:50:47AM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> I am beginning to give up hope of EVER having a stable kernel with out MAJOR
> bugs in the 2.4 series of Linux.  What the hell is Linus doing these days
> for development -- testing out in 2.4?

ChangeLog for 2.4.16:

final:

- Fix 8139too oops              (Philipp Matthias Hahn)

pre1:
- Correctly sync inodes in iput()                          (Alexander Viro)
- Make pagecache readahead size tunable via /proc          (was in -ac tree)
- Fix PPC kernel compilation problems                      (Paul Mackerras)

Doesn't look like a whole lot of changes to me.  You can probably start
breathing normally again, Tom. ;-)

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD