On Nov 26 at 02:50PM Lorry wrote:

> When I reply to an email, I want my address to show as whatever
> address the person wrote to me under.  I thought I had it set up
> to do this, but adding my_hdr From ... seems to override it.  Is
> there anyway to have it do this and also have it just show my
> first name?  Why doesn't set realname="Lorry" work?  I have
> multiple email addresses that forward to one place, and I want to
> keep the replies consistent because when I don't, people think
> they have to send messages to all my email addresses and I get
> emails 10 times over.  I thought setting up the reply address this
> way would be easier than a signature file explaining why you
> shouldn't send me the same email to more than one address. :)
> Right now I have it set up where I can edit the From line when I
> write the message, but it would be nice if it selected the right
> address automatically.  Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks!!

I'm sure someone probably has a nicer way to do this, but... my
shoddy way of accomplishing this is using getmail (or procmail) to
put mail into different folders depending on who it is addressed to
(e.g. I put school related mail into one folder). Then I simpy use a
mutt folder-hook to set the from address. If you want to look into
hooks a bit more here's a link:

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-4.html#ss4.4

timothy r. lupfer       tl at assimilated.org
Familiarity breeds contempt--and children.
                -- Mark Twain