* Raymond Norton <ray at lctn.k12.mn.us> [011126 16:44]:
> I have Sendmail working on my RedHat 7.1 box. I configured it using the
> sendmail-install script. At the time I added a couple users when it asked

There are a few parts to a mail system.

The MTA you allready chose, Sendmail.  THe MTA is responsible for moving
mail between hosts.  (Mail Transfer Agent)

The MDA is the local-delivery-agent, its able to look at a config file
and do filtering based on that for the entire system and/or individual
users.  Procmail does this.

The MUA is the mail-user-agent.  Sometimes this is merely POP/IMAP
based, sometimes its something like mutt (local MUA using a mailspool in
/var/mail).

In any case, My recommendations are:

uw-imap and its ipop3d, both running to only accept SSL based
connections so you dont give out passwords in the clear.

squirrelmail setup on a SSL webserver for web-mail.

--
Scott Dier <dieman at ringworld.org> <sdier at debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos at irc.openprojects.net

So I ran up to him, and the exchange went something like this:
Me: Oh my god! You're Larry Niven!
Him: Oh my god! You're Wil Wheaton!
	-Wil Wheaton, in a Slashdot interview