On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 08:33:47PM -0600, Lorry Lee Strother wrote:
> If I have a microphone or other audio device plugged into the mic
> jack, what do I need to do to make the sound come out my speakers?
>
> I'm running Debian Woody.  Thanks,

1.  Working soundcard.
2.  Working modules installed into the kernel for the soundcard.
3.  Audio Mixer Program: to control inputs and outputs, relative levels,
    etc.
4.  You probably have the mic input muted.

Word of advice, you don't really WANT to have your mic output go through
your speakers anyway.  The term "feedback" comes to mind.  If you want
to use your mic, turn off your speaker output, or make sure your mic and
speakers are far enough away where you won't get feedback.  The best
thing you can do is wear headphones as your speaker output.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie at wookimus.net>                 | a.k.a. ^chewie
Key fingerprint = B4AB D627 9CBD 687E 7A31  1950 0CC7 0B18 206C 5AFD