I've been trying to get 3D rendering working with my G450; and while I
finally got Direct Rendering Infrastructure working, I'm getting repeatable
console hangs with some games that use 3D rendering. :(

fgfs (flight simulator), and atlantis (the swimming whales demo) don't seem
to cause it; but when I play Rune (the Loki Linux port), or Half-Life (under
wine), it will lock up the console after a minute or two.

someone on #dri (on irc.openprojects.net) suggested building a kernel
without framebuffer support; but this didn't help.

anyone have any suggestions what to do, or at least how to debug this? I'm
going to see what I can find with strace; but don't have much hope.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises