On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:07:35AM -0600, andy at theasis.com wrote:
> But you've single-handedly thwarted my selfish plan, thanks to your
> need to saturate the issue with piss & vinegar.

I don't think either one of us were playing nicely last night.  The
planets must have been in some crazy configuration.  Frankly, my
impression of your email message [1] was one of patronization and
criticism.  I was surprised in your total lack of recognition of a group
of motivated, potential resources for your proposal.

You probably didn't intend on making that impression, but shit happens
sometimes.  When it does, shit tends to roll downhill, building in speed
and size as it goes.  Thusly explaining my outburst.  I should have
abided by my own oft given advice to walk away, cool down, and reread
the email from a different vantage point under a different attitude.

Regardless, what is done is done.  Give as you wish to give.  Contribute
as you wish to contribute.  If the greatest involvement to the LUG is to
simply donate the media, then great.  If you wish to help coordinate a
software development project.  Great.  I'm not going to hold a grudge
because of a few lines of email and will still offer my help with what
time I can give.

So, why am I still posting to this thread in public instead of private?
It just works out that way when such a flamefest hits an email list.  I
apologize, Andy and list, for my overly sarcastic email.