On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Chad C. Walstrom wrote:
> Sounds like you've got a good handle on what these many important
> logistical considerations might be.  Why not put your fingers to
> keyboard and write up your "formal proposal", because obviously, we're
> your "code monkeys."

*My* code monkeys? _I_ don't need any code. Nor do _I_ need LUG library.

Silly me, I thought making some literature available would be a benefit to
some LUG members, and that some might be willing to actually step forward
and DO something to facilitate it. Instead, the response is a
sarcasm-filled flame prompted by my suggestion that we direct the
discussion on the original thread to actually accomplishing something. I'm
sure you're capable of building a kickass application without actually
knowing ahead of time what it is. I'm just sorry it was too much effort
for you to take that tangent to another thread.

I WAS intending to donate a lot of material that I had on hand -- a few
dozen books beyond the stack of magazines that prompted my first note --
as well as several thousand dollars worth of books in the near future that
I normally turn down from authors and editors whom I know. But you've
single-handedly thwarted my selfish plan, thanks to your need to saturate
the issue with piss & vinegar.

But by all means, don't let that stop you from exercising your right to
discuss.

Andy