On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 07:45:49AM -0600, James Spinti wrote:

> If someone is willing to do the programming of a web interface and set up
> the database, I would be willing to handle the mailing/retrieving of loaned
> items.  Besides, that way I could peruse more books without having to buy
> them :)

I feel strongly that a LUG lending library is a good deal, but you're
willing to cover postage?  I think that's something you'll get tired
of.  And what about recalls, overdue, lost books?

I'm thinking about how to handle these things without letting them
become burdensome.  Not that LUG members couldn't do it all on the
honor system, but someone's going to borrow a Perl book and get lost
in their coding and forget that they forgot to return it.  I don't
have the answer yet, but if I think of something, I'll let you know.

I'm not flush with free time, but if I can help with other stuff, let me know.

Phil

--
I used to like HP before computers, and once I even liked Compaq,
but I liked DEC better than HP and Compaq put together.