I'm trying to upgrade from Mandrake default 2.4.8 kernel to 2.4.13.  All of
my partitions are Reiserfs and mounted with the notails option.  It works
great with the default kernel, but when I boot with my new kernel, I get a
kernel panic because it cannot find the root fs.

I've tried compiling reiserfs support into the kernel, and also tried it as
a module with an initrd image created with the --preload reiserfs option.
I've also tried converting /boot to ext2 and that doesn't work either.

Does anyone have a clue why this would be happening?

Jay