What are you connecting them with? You are usually restricted by the hub/switch that you use. Most switches allow for different speeds on different ports. This doesn't mean that the same wire is using both, but rather each connection to the switch is running at a different speed. (10 or 100) My switch has leds that tell me what each port is set to.

AFAIK, a hub won't work at 2 different speeds.