On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 01:14:27PM -0600, Florin Iucha wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2001 at 10:58:48AM -0600, Ursula A. Kallio wrote:
> > Now you have me curious.  Any reason why you would "PULL THE NETWORK AND
> > THE POWER PLUGS!"?  Please explain what you are reacting to.
>
> Because he has been cracked. Pulling the network stops the crackers from
> communicating with the probes. Pulling the plug and then mounting the
> harddrive in a different computer to get information about the breach.

ROFL!  I think the question is, "How do you know he has been cracked?",
based on what he said?

Admittely, those are suspicious-looking process names;
do you recognize them?  Google has no hits.

> And then reformat everything and do a clean reinstall/restore from backups.

Of course, if there's reasonable suspicion.

--
johntrammell at yahoo.com | 78BA 706C C5F9 9321 E7C4 933B D063 907B A88E 924B