I have finally installed Linux on my newest box.  Mandrake 8.1 in fact.
The reason I am not posting under Linux is that it can not use my modem
for some darn reason...
  The modem is a USR model # 3CP5610A PCI type.
I have searched and searched, and been assured that it's not a winmodem.
That much I know, it even says on the box it works with Linux (kernel 2.3 and
higher)
I know Linux has a few hurdle's to overcome yet and this may be one.
I used to run Linux as my daily OS back in the early slackware days, but got
lured away by games and stuff like Direct-PC..
Now I'm tired of fighting viri and don't play games as much...:)
I have a few other issues with Mandrake, but nothing as big as this one.
No modem = no net....
Any Ideas?
RS