Uhh.... right-click... on an icon? I don't do that sort of thing. I'm
strictly slackware/BSD. I tried some of the GUI linuxes but I couldn't
deal.

I won't be any help with getting your login/logout stuff to work since in
*my* environments, this sort of thing is independand of (a) whether there
is a disc in the drive and (b) user stuff.

Joshua b. Jore
Minneapolis Ward 3, precinct 10
http://www.greentechnologist.org