Actually in RedHat if you look under /etc/xinetd.d/ you will find a bunch
of files which are named after individual services, edit the files and
remove the disable = yes line to enabe the service... if the service you
want is not there you will have to write your own file using one of the
existing ones as a template...

go to www.xinetd.org for more information or if you need to do something
out of the ordinary...

 -munir