Count me in.  A splendid idea.  If you need a hand getting stuff set up just
let me know, it would be easy for me to stop by after work.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bob Tanner [mailto:tanner at real-time.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2001 2:08 AM
To: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG] Birds of a Feather (BoF)

I'm not sure how many people have been to a Linux Expo, but one of the
really
cool things are the Birds of a Feather (BoF) meetings. While the
presentations
are good, they are just that, presentations. The BoF meetings are discussion
groups, ie everyone pariticpates.

Last TCLUG meeting a bunch of us went to Sally's to eat and an impromptu BoF
broke out. :-) It's was pretty informative. We talked about everything from
thorn in idiot Ben's foot to LVM on the S390.

Where is this all leading?

I think there is need for more interactive discussion within TCLUG. Don't
get me
wrong, the presentations are great and needed. You can't have a discussion
if
everyone is clueless about what is being talked about. Presentations impart
knowledge. Discussion solidifies it.

I also am getting personal email about the length between installfests and
why
it takes so much effort to get one together.

So, I have been throwing around the idea of having BoF meetings at Real
Time.
These would be something on the order of every other week. We'd sit in the
back
office common room and just talk about technology. It would be open to all.

Along side the BoF meeting would be a mini-installfest in the other back
offices. Again these would be on the order of every other week, but because
space is scare back there, it would be a registration thing.

Exact times and days of the week have not been nailed down.

I'm posting here to see what the level of interest would be like.

Comments?

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500