The problem with a 100-pair cable is you'll get crosstalk between pairs.
Those 100-pair bundles are usually used for telephone which doesn't care
about a few lost bits here and there.  If you're only running at 10Mbit
or only a few pairs at a time, you might be okay.  But if you try to do
100Mbit, you're probably going to have trouble.  Perhaps what you could
do is stick a switch up in the attic, with one line going to wherever you
would put one end of the 100-pair bundle, and then run the line from each
room up to the switch in the attic.

On 11/12/01, 11:33:42 AM, "Austad, Jay" <austad at marketwatch.com> wrote
regarding [TCLUG] Ethernet wall jacks: