Quoting Florin Iucha (florin at iucha.net):
> > Yes, in my experience the security model provided by the RDBMS is often
> > lacking in features needed to fullfill the requirements.  This is
> > particularly true when there security at the row or column level.
>
> 1. Trusted Oracle
>
> 2. You make a schema owner and then all the users have views over the master
> tables allowing them to see only what they are supposed to.

After reading this, I think I see the difference. Every project I have worked on
does not have the budge for Oracle, we use MySQL or Postgres. And while it hurts
my feels to say I write "shopping cart" applications :-P, that is a pretty
correct assessment.

So a simple username/password stored in LDAP (normally) is all the security that
is needed. Because all the persists for the user is session based. When they
come back, it's usually a "new" session.

--
Minneapolis St. Paul Twin Cities MN        | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org Minnesota Linux    | Fax   : (952)943-8500