This anology is a good start; now to extend it a little . . .

After you take your car to the garage you drive it for thousands of miles
without doing *anything* with it.
If it was a computer with any modern OS you would have to stop at every
light and fiddle under the hood.
Any time you pulled out on the freeway you would see dozens of cars lining
the road with poor hapless souls trying to get something working.

Shame on any OS that forces the user to deal with it when they are just
trying to get things done.
This just IS NOT good enough.

Mark Browne

<snip>
One of the problem with computers (but Linux and Windows, heck all other
OSs) is
that they are simple things that people can "just plug in" and it works. I
blame
MS for this. And frankly, it's not true.

I like to use the car analogy. It's pretty "simple". Almost everyone has
one.
But how many people work on their cars? Not many. Heck, I don't even change
my
own oil. I take it to a _professional_ and they do it right, they do it in
20
mins or less and it cost me $21.95.

I'm not a car mechanic; a car repair professional, so I take my car to a
professional. The time and effort it would take me to chain my own oil would
cost me for more then $21.95.

Why should you do any less for your computer? If you aren't an admin (car
mechanic) take your computer (car) to a professional (Real Time) for
service.
<snip>