On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:15:14PM -0800, Mike Bresnahan wrote:
> Another thing to note is that some (all?) JDBC 2.0 compliant drivers support
> connection pooling.  This is generally a huge performance win.  A lot of
> time can otherwise be wasted opening and closing physical connections.
> Without such support I end up coding my own connection pooling is most
> cases, and thus JDBC 2.0 saves me the effort.

Connection pooling is nice when you implement your own security layer.
But when each connection uses different acounts, then it's almos useless.

And implementing your own security the _RIGHT_(tm) way it's _HARD_.

> > Another thing I'm wondering about is how placeholders work in Java?
> > (I'm assuming it has got that)
>
> What do you mean by "placeholders"?

Stuff like:

   java.sql.PreparedStatement stmt =
      conn.prepareStatement("UPDATE table3 SET m = ? WHERE x = ?");

   stmt.setString(1, "Hi");

florin

--

"If it's not broken, let's fix it till it is."

41A9 2BDE 8E11 F1C5 87A6  03EE 34B3 E075 3B90 DFE4