> Why are so many people so concerned about Linux being accepted by the
> corporate world?
	because when the corps use it, it'll be easier for us to use it.
more games, more cool apps (free as well as payware), and a better life for
admins (at least in theory...) for admins who want to get work done, rather
than support corporate MS drones.

> Linux is cool because of the very fact that it is not
> accepted by the corporate world.  It's highly configurable, the source code
> is available, it's free... it's, it's geek heaven!  To become accepted by
> the corporate world some or all of these things would have to change, no?
	not necessarily. the parts you like, will still be there.
	some things will likely have to become more standardized (at least
locally to given corp environments), primarily for the sake of the helldesk
team who has to support it. I do hope that it doesn't *all* become the same,
tho.

> It would have to become more like Microsoft Windows and in so doing it would
> cease to be cool.  I say, forget about evangelizing Linux to the corporate
> world and leave it where it belongs and is loved.  Am I insane?
	hey, there's always the *BSDs and HURD, for when Linux becomes too
popular for your liking (and possibly for its own good). :) that's one of
the reasons I play with [Open|Net]BSD sometimes. (and because they're better
than Linux for some tasks).

Carl Soderstrom
--
Network Engineer